Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Dear God,
More often than not, I have failed terribly in being your faithful follower, and yet not once have you ever given up on me, like the many times I'd considered on giving up on the things in life. If there's any one example that shows about faith itself, it's you. For you have so much faith in me and everyone else, you never stop to bless us with the best things that we often take for granted each and every day of our lives. The simplest things such as having another day to live.
For all the times that I have lacked in my duties, I doubt I can make up for it. I doubt that I will be perfect, but I do hope I can be better at least.
The point of me saying this is, I just would like to say Thank You. For everything that I may have overlooked in life and underappreciated all these while.
For without your blessings, I'd have never been born into a family that loves me despite all their flaws, and for all that's happened, to make us a stronger family, somewhat. And it is only with your decision that I chance upon someone as wonderful as Fattah, who has been the one who stuck by me through the times I never thought I'd get past, who believes in me even when I am at my lowest, who contantly reminds me to be devoted to you no matter what the situation. And thank you, for not making it smooth all the way; I'm glad that it's been quite a journey, that we've been able to make it through the things we've been through. For all the lessons you've taught us through the obstacles we've faced. . Thank you for blessing me with the bestest ever grandparents in the whole entire world, many friends I know don't feel the same way as I do about their grandparents but you've picked me to have four extra angels in my life. Thank you for the friends you bring into my life. There aren't many, but the friends whom I do have around me are worth keeping. They may not be with me all the time, but ever so often, they remind me that I am in their thoughts and that's what matters.
I don't know how long this will go on, I don't know how much time I have in life, and I know you know without even having to read this, but I've never had a more appreciative moment than this. I don't know why but it's definitely a good feeling and it makes me tear up a little.
I pray that you bless the ones I love as much, or hopefully even more than what you bless me with. I pray that they will always have a special place in my heart like how I am in theirs, that we all have an enriching and fulfilling life, and though I may be too young and naive to even say this, I secretly pray that what he and I share is built to last.
Labels: alhamdulillah
X O X O; 1:57 am